Monday, June 9, 2008

A Peek Inside Our Day Cabin

Welcome inside our day cabin. We have tried to keep a rustic 1930'2-40's look inside. We love anything Adirondack and campy looking. When we go to antique shows, shops, flea markets and yard sales we always keep our eyes open for old souvenirs, camp signs, and fish cabin items. If you have ever been to South Dakota and taken the highway out to Mt. Rushmore through the Badlands and into Wall...you can't miss all the signs marking how many miles to Wall Drug...for hours these signs crop up and soon you know you have to stop at Wall Drug...so we picked up this sign to become part of the road signage marking how far to Wall Drug!

This robin built her nest in the rafters under the porch roof. She just finished feeding her babies...with the temperatures so hot we can't imagine how they are surviving up there.
This is a great vintage wooden first aid box we found at an auction. it fits perfectly in the cabin.
Inside is stocked for that "just in case" time...
This is a view to the main pond that is on the backside...sitting here is just so peaceful...each season is a delight to observe.

Found this old spinner on ebay. For some reason when anyone spins it it stops on Go Fishing....hmmmm

Great old chalkware wall thermometer and weather watcher.

This is a wonderful old folkart table lamp. The base is a stone fireplace. it looks great lit. The lamp sits on a fabulous antique square hickory dining table we found at an antiques show in New Hampshire.
This is the dressing room. On the wall are some photos and flies I tied. My niece, father and I took fly fishing classes and tying flies was my favorite part. So my dad gave me tying classes for my birthday. I just love tying flies..hate fishing but flies are so beautiful...I just love them. So I framed my first flies.
Inside the dressing room.
The counter where it all happens...everyone in the family pitches in so work is spread thin and it makes parties a snap.
A gentle reminder on the way to make sure everything is back in place for the next day. Hope you enjoyed a sneak peek inside...this is a lovely place to relax, work and play.
Elizabeth




No comments: