Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Back and Now I'm Back

My laptop died...it was a slow death...many trips to the computer hospital, many different treatments but to no avail it needed a new heart...so a new hard drive was inserted and now it lives!!!!! So now I am back...so much has happened in these past few months...lots of fun, good times, the holidays and snow....lots of snow!!!!!

So I backtrack a bit...to Halloween...Natalie came to make cookies from a Martha Stewart Everyday Food recipe and the campground had their annual Halloween Trick or Treat...lots of safe fun for kids...they run like gazelles - laughing, screaming and having fun - free from all the "bad" stuff so many of us worry about...why can't the whole world be like this for kids...I am so thankful these kids have a place created by this campground owner and maintained by the parents where they can do what kids are suppose to do...run, walk, swim, do crafts, sit and think awhile, listen to music, have potluck suppers and most important sleep soundly as they grow...


Here is Natalie making Halloween lollipop cookies....sugar cookies placed on a stick after rolling in sprinkles...black and orange of course...

The finished project individually wrapped in glassine bags and tied with ribbon...absolutely wonderful and delicious too!!!!!

Natalie prepared to go trick or treating at the campground as Dorothy...get a load of those socks and shoes...

I received a phone call with a message from Emily saying she wanted to be a blue crab for Halloween...A BLUE CRAB?! How did she ever think of that? She asked if I could help make her costume...WOW...that set me back a bit...a clown, witch, ballerina or a princess is what I would expected but a blue crab...okay with some thought and research to exactly what a blue crab looks like...Sandie (Emily's Mom, my niece) and I set out to create the costume...fabric, thread, sewing machine and sewing notions in hand I think we did a great job...

Emily the blue crab


Here is the gang just before taking off...Natalie (4 years old) as Dorothy, Olivia (1 year old) as a lobster, Emily (4 years old) as a blue crab and Randy (15 years old) as himself....


So it goes...I'll add a bit more later today...I look forward to hearing back from those I have missed...especially Alice in Maine!!!!!

Elizabeth

No comments: