Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lily of the Valley - Delightful

I just love the fragrance of lily of the valley...we have so much around and never planted a single piece of it. It "floats" into places and takes up residence and just thrives. I suppose a bird or animal is actually the delivery system that has left pieces behind in their travels and for that I am truly grateful. We have many large areas that it thrives in and the scented air in the spring is absolutely heady. It takes a bit of time to gather a bouquet because it is has such a slender stalk but it is so worth it. A simple tug on the stem is how I like to pick it...
I love to put my little bouquet in this antique quilted green glass vase. It has a brass swing handle and I find it darling and the perfect vessel to hold my lily of the valley...


What a lovely bouquet to look at...tiny little white bells surrounded by broad green leaves...

Simply delightful!!!!!

Elizabeth

No comments: