Saturday, September 20, 2008

Old Holiday Teaser...Our Antique Snowman Collection

I love old snowmen. I have collected them for years...when the cold weather starts to come around one can't help but think of the holidays. So I thought I would share a little of my snowman collection as a type of teaser for all those that love old Christmas items.I keep all my old snowmen in antique oak vitrines. I have American, Japanese, German, Russian, Czech and many other snowmen of different origins. As you can see they are composed of all types of materials...glass, cotton batting, hard plastic, plaster, cardboard, scrap, paper and more.
I also collect old Christmas trees..feather, brush, glass, hard plastic and more. I also have a few Santas but for some unknown reason Santa just doesn't get to me like a snowman does.
In this vitrine I have more snowmen and as well as our kugel collection...these are glass ornaments...blown glass balls of different colors and silvered . They come in a variety of shapes and colors...some very rare and can be very expensive.
In this china cabinet are more snowmen as well as some old Halloween items. The turkeys were my grandmother's and they are very dear to me.


So I thought I would offer a teaser and give you a glimpse of my collection of old holiday...in the coming weeks I'll open the doors and take some individual photos to share.

Elizabeth

No comments: