Friday, February 5, 2010

Panettone Bread Bread Pudding

I bought a panettone around Christmas to make french toast and never did...good thing because I found this recipe for bread pudding and WOW!!!!! Delicious - Delightful - Delectable!!!!! I changed it by adding orange favored liqueur because I wanted to make an orange flavored sauce to accompany the pudding....


Very simple to make...brush a 13x9 with butter, cut the panettone in cubes and make a custard...I flavored it with Cointreau...

Isn't this a gorgeous bread...nothing like English fruit cake!!!!!

Once the custard is poured over the bread cubes, it sits for 1/2 hour to soak...pop it into a 350 degree oven and


Voila...a puffy, gorgeous pudding


Made this stove top orange flavored sauce to pour over the pudding...


This pudding is soooooooo good....perfection in a bowl!!!!!
Elizabeth

No comments: