Monday, February 8, 2010

WHAT HAPPENED - To the All Time Valentine Favorite Conversation Hearts?

C'mon...What possessed the New England Confectionery Company to change a Valentine's Day institution...Conversations Hearts...

Where's the candy edge ruffle??? Where is the recognized from 30 feet away cellophane bag???
What happened to the tried and true flavors??? Where are the pastel colors??? Who changed the name???

It would seem someone or ones swooped in and changed everything????? Cupid must be dizzy and disoriented...I am...

Every night after supper, my husband and I play four hands of cards...since it is the start of Valentine's week I broke out the bag of candy hearts.

First of all... I had a heck of a time just finding the bags at the store...typically you can spot the bag without a problem amongst all the bags of pink,red and foiled covered Reese's cups, Hershey Kisses, M&Ms and everything else ramped up for Valentine's...but forever Conversation Hearts have been a given...the bag always was recognizable and this made for a quick grab...not this year. The bag changed, the name changed....I figured I had the right thing when I saw the candy company's name on the backside. When I opened the bag I thought all was well...BUT where were the ruffles? The colors were all different and the flavor was in one word DISGUSTING!

This was not a good scene...my husband had to listen to me rant about the flavor, color, ruffle, bag, name..WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY MAKE SUCH RADICAL CHANGES?????

I have a strange feeling many households are going to be in for a SHOCK this year...



Different bag and name...totally unrecognizable...The bag reads The Original Candy of Love...

I DISAGREE

The new flavors...all unpalatable...WHY WHY WHY?????


The new colors...there is also suppose to be a purple heart but not one could be found in the bag (this may have been a good thing)...


So this is where my bag of beloved Conversation Hearts ended up....in the trash...
This is a tragedy...I can only hope the New England Confectionery Company realizes this is all a big mistake and returns to the old recipe, flavors, ruffles, bag, name and whatever else they changed...
Valentine's Day is suppose to be hearts, flowers, frilly cards, the overuse of the colors red and pink, glowing candles, loving glances, but most of all...a small pastel, tasty, ruffled candy heart passed across a table, or maybe placed on a pillow or slipped into a loved ones hand or tucked in a lunch bag with a term of endearment shared by two people know as a Conversation Heart...we need them back...too many things are upside down right now...but Conversation Hearts are suppose to be a given...generations of families and loved ones have been using Conversation Hearts as a simple way to express themselves for many many years...the New England Confectionery Company needs to fix this...
Elizabeth

No comments: