Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring Bouquets

This morning I went out into the garden looking for some flowers to make a simple bouquet...I was greeted by some beautiful daffodils which I knew would be the base for my bouquet. I didn't want to take a big full bunch because it is so pretty to just look outside at them so I picked sparingly. We ordered hundreds of daffodil bulbs from White Flower farm to plant down by the pond's edge this fall for a spectacular spring swath of color so then I will have plenty of naturalizing daffodils to pick every spring! Now back to my arrangement, I needed a contrast and what is nicer than purple and yellow together...so I added several branches of PJM rhododendron what a great punch they gave to the mix...now I needed greenery, so some day lily foliage and a few hosta leaves were just what I needed...walking by the forsythia bush and how could I resist these gorgeous yellow flowers, so a few sprigs and they finished my lovely spring bouquet. I put them all in a vintage McCoy pottery vase and spring definitely came into the house in one fell swoop!!!!!



I had a few extra branches of forsythia so I put them into a small flower tube that serves as a "backpack" on this adorable little robin vase...whimsical items like this are great to tuck about your home just as a nice surprise for some unexpecting visitor! How can you not smile when you see this guy!!!!!

Life on the pond today is wonderful...cool dry air, all the flowers are popping up, the sun is bright and there are spring flowers to pick!!!!! It doesn't get any better than this.

Take care,

Elizabeth

No comments: