Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Morning at Local Garden Centers












Yesterday Dad and I made a visit to Clarke Flower Farm in Wakefield...everything looked wonderful. I picked up some bacopa to keep in my little greenhouse for some color and put in some hanging pots. I also picked up some lettuce. Dad and I bought some hollytone for our acid loving plants..this is a wonderful product and they carry all types of items for your plants. We walked all around looking at the perennials, shrubbery, and lots of other things. They do a great here and are very knowledgeable. I have never ever had a problem with anything I have bought here. The plants and shrubs are always healthy and vigorious.













Here is Dad outside of Clark's...wearing the spring hat he has on when he is tooling about town in his convertible.










Then we took off to the Farmer's Daughter. The folks here really know how to display their products. If you are ever in the area make a point of stopping by...this is a destination garden center not to be missed. The "bones" of this center are fabulous. The buildings are gorgeous, the walkways are exquisite, the pottery is top of the line and each greenhouse is laid out for ease and workability. They are garden items for decoration not seen anywhere else...it truly is breathtaking.





I thought I was going to faint when i saw these little garden cottages. They are constructed of cement. The staff at the Farmer's Daughter placed the cottage in an urn or birdbath, filled it with soil and added miniature garden items and plants as well as stone paths to replicate a garden in a garden. One path had been made using seaglass. I just know I am going to have to own one of these cottages someday...though they are rather pricey...but they are absolutely divine!!!!!





Dad taking a break in one of the greenhouses.

We had a great morning poking around...there is always something new to see, something new to learn and lots of things to add to a dream list. I saw lots of shrubs I would like to add to our gardens as well as decorative items...We followed up with a great lunch at Camden's in Wakefield...an A+ day!!!!!

No comments: