Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Peek at My Garden Get Away





Come on into my garden get away. I love vintage garden items...pottery in great shape or with chips...I like majolica, Italian pottery, American art pottery and old Japan...it doesn't matter what. I enjoy anything related to gardening...pictures, paintings, items used in the garden, gardening awards, books, flower frogs, hyacinth vases, jewelry, tools, catalogs, pots...anything and everything.

In the old glass front cabinet I have some wonderful antique garden books, medals awarded for gardening, jackknives, tape measures, victorian trade cards and lots more! If it is related to gardening I tuck it away. I like old brochures and catalogs from garden furniture companies...when we are at a show or auction if we come upon something we like it is nice to find it in an old publication to very maker and age.
Here are more shots of my little retreat....I can spend lots of time in this cottage just looking at these vintage items and adding more when I find them. I love to find old bird nests and I place them in old pots on the window sills. They look great with little glass or porcelain birds in them...I also love old watering cans. I like the common and the uncommon...big or little...they are all great. We have old english ones, french and american. Suffice it to say we love to garden and collect garden items...hope you enjoy taking a peek at our garden cottage retreat.


Happy Mother's Day,


Elizabeth









No comments: