Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting Ready for Halloween

Now is the time to get ready for Halloween. I was shopping at Michael's and found some great craft items in the Martha Stewart line. So I picked up the skeleton kit that can be glittered for an "elegant" eye appeal...Also picked up some labels and loads of items for cupcakes. This line is made to look like vintage items which makes it even better...as vintage Halloween is absolutely wonderful. Martha does know how to do it right...The glitter comes in a pack of three different complementing colors and the glue is included. Here I did a couple of bones and one of the skulls in the deeper green glitter. This glitter is so gorgeous...and the texture is silky to touch.
Another group of bones in a brighter green.
All the bones are done...included is another group of bones in a yellow gold. I left a few natural for a contrast...can't wait till they dry to arrange them.

Also picked up these great labels...I plan to cover the lids with foil and fill the bottles and jars with tonic water that is suppose to react to a black light...looking forward to completing this little project.

I will share a few more things later as we are preparing to attend a campground "spook" party this weekend...my sister has told me 1,000 that's right one thousand pieces of candy are needed...off to BJ's for the BIG bags...

Hold onto your pumpkins and ready your brooms...Halloween is coming!!!!!

Elizabeth

No comments: