Friday, March 19, 2010

Figural Solid Perfumes

For a while I have collected Estee Lauder solid perfumes. These beautiful little metal perfume compacts hold a solid form of fragrance. Each figural case is a goldtone or silvertone hinged box. They come in a wide array of subject matters...carnival, circus, gardening, animals, fruit, musical instruments and the list goes on.

The cases are enameled and bejeweled. So much sparkle and color makes these compacts a real real joy to look at. I could just look at them for a long time...and the Estee Lauder scents are divine.

I display them in an antique vitrine with glass shelves. I think they look so nice in there. I placed a couple of old southern belle figures with them...

This is view of the vitrine in what my niece calls the "fancy room"...as you can see the perfumes sit on the top shelf. On the second shelf are some of my antique and vintage snowmen. On the bottom shelf is my antique German kugel collection. At sometime I will share these collections.

Some of the perfumes a violin, apple, treasure chest, acorn, Cinderellas coach, picture frame, book, bird....


Another angle...you can see a cactus, dragonfly, crown, sand castle...


Hat on a stand, circus tent with a girl on the flying trapeze and a ferris wheel..had a lot of trouble getting a good angle...


This is what they look like when they are open...you can see the solid perfume...

The top perfume is a jeweled mermaid holding a pearl, Cinderella's jeweled pumpkin coach and a birdbath...



Here they are open...so pretty



This is one of my favorites...a circus tent


Here it is open...can you see the lady on the trapeze...she actually swings and to the left is a little black bear on a stand...the compact opens at the bottom to access the perfume...
So there you have it...lovely Estee Lauder solid perfumes...you can actually find these at yard sales as they are often given as gifts and people just keep them in the boxes and not use them...after a while out they go...we have found a lot of older ones this way. There is a great book about these little darlings...
Thanks for letting me share...be sure to visit our hosts blog...just click on the link to Romantic Home on the right side of my blog...
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Oh wow, I have never seen or even heard of those before! They're amazing and you have quite an impressive collection there!!!