Friday, March 12, 2010

Old Flower Prints and more

It is Show and Tell Friday so I thought I would take an opportunity to share...
I adore anything related to gardening...so I like to surround myself with these things. Why not?! In one of our bathrooms I have hung old framed floral prints which we have found at yard sales, flea markets or in lots at estate sales. They are always very affordable which makes collecting them very nice. I hang them wherever I have a spot. My photos really do not do justice to these prints...they are hung on peach painted walls which make a nice backdrop. I don't care what color or shape the frames are...I like the eclectic look. My sister Catherine goes a little crazy of they are not straight...even hanging cockeyed doesn't bother me...I just like them!

Here is a gathering of some of the prints...I am partial to flower bouquets displayed in vases...I have a couple that are just a bunch of flowers but the rest are cut flowers in a container.

This print had lots of golds and metallics in it...unfortunately I just could not photograph it well...it hangs over an old mission three shelf stand with one drawer...

I keep catalogs in an old painted flower pot for guests to look at when the need comes...I continue the flower theme even here.


Flowers again take precedent in the old three legged rose bowl I use for disposable cups...the soap is floral as well as the candle holder.


Cotton balls are kept in an antique hair receiver painted with roses....


Q tips are stored in an old covered candy jar painted with all sorts of flowers and creams, lotions and potions are sitting atop an antique Limoges pin tray painted with yellow roses.


More prints on a wall....


Still more prints...I really didn't realize how "obsessed" I was with anything floral in this bathroom...it blends so nicely the use is is subtle not overpowering...I wish I could have taken more photos of all the prints but the glare was a bit obstructive...They are everywhere...and I just love it...Floral prints are a great collectible as they are very affordable, easy to display, relaxing to look at...gee the positive list goes on...I always get lots of ohhs and ahhs when anyone enters this room for the first time....
Thanks for taking a peek...Elizabeth






2 comments:

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I just adore your wall with all the flower prints...it's really lovely. I've seen alot of walls done this way with mirrors...which I am also fond of...but this is a great idea and so pretty!

afistfullofweeds* said...

I LOVE floral prints too! I have a wall full also!! Rhonda