Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cake Decorating Class Four - GRADUATION!

Week four already! Another cake required for class...so I baked this one without a problem...frosted it like I knew what I was doing. I picked out a design I liked and saw little dropped flowers were required so I got those done also...something in the back of my inexperienced mind told me these little flowers were not what I should have made but I did them anyway...at least I got some practice.

Cake and dropped flowers...

Aren't they adorable?!

So this week we learned to make roses...this was intense! Also learned how to write on a cake...my penmanship is not the best and then add writing with frosting in a bag requiring one apply just the correct pressure and I give myself a "D" in this area...at least it could be read...
My roses had a bit of a ruffled edge because my tip needs to be opened a bit...my question here is...these tips are made in Korea...why the heck don't they make them right? How is a beginner suppose to know a tip must be adjusted...oh well...lesson learned...

So I made a lot of roses and applied them to my cake...added some leaves and lines and dots for added eye appeal...

Since I was once again gifting my cake to the guys at the car dealership via my neighbor....I used my writing techniques to thank them for the lottery ticket they bought me after the first cake...

My cake on the left and the look I was trying to achieve out of our lesson book on the right...you will notice no dropped flowers used...that nagging thought I had initially was right...I couldn't get them off the board to the cake...oh well...since I now knew how to apply a shell border...I did that instead...pretty cool!

Tonight was our last class and we all were awarded our certificates...we all passed...a lot of signed up for the next series of classes...I am a cake decorating sophomore now!

Oh by the way, this time the fellows who received my graduation cake bought me another "thank you" lottery ticket but this time they doubled my chances...I had ten shots at the big money! If I win this time...I can open a chain of bakeries!!!!!

Elizabeth

No comments: