Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peaceful Foggy Morning


I woke this morning to a world that was foggy and devoid of any brightness...everything looked as though I was seeing it through a veil...it was absolutely divine.

I waited a bit then grabbed my camera before the sun decided to break through and started snapping photos. Enjoy this morning with me as I strolled over to the island...before grabbing the newspaper and returning to reality!


The narrow road over....

Within minutes the sun started to break through and change everything...

A forsythia bud plumping up to burst forth in a yellow brilliance...


Can you see the spider web? It is actually just a line rather than the usual "Charlotte's Web" web...there were these web lines everywhere...not one formation just strings some extremely long also! Very interesting...was it that this is what spiders do this time of year or was it they did this due to the fog?




So much moss has grown over the winter...must be due to the warm winter we had...most is cushion moss and hair cap moss....

Down to the water...hard having to wait to jump in for the first swim of the year! My friend, Ray Gandy on the other side of the pond is probably already swimming in the pond every morning...he swam the English Channel two summers ago so he can stand the cold water...this year he plans to do an English Channel double...YIKES!!!!!

This tree was planted by a friend in memory of my Dad who passed away last July...what a lovely tribute and gift. I am so pleased it survived the winter.

We did not have much snow but did have lots of wind...so many branches and dead wood everywhere...I have started making piles to be taken to the campfire location...we won't be short on kindling this year...

Real estate remains available as it looks like no one has taken up residence yet.




The sky is brightening...


Before you know it, I will be spending more time in the day cabin than the "big house". YIPPEE!!!!!

Going back home was very hard this morning...but a girl has to do what she has to do.
Elizabeth

No comments: