Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fabulous Little Salad...Packed with Flavor


A few posts back I blogged about pickles red onions...boy are they delicious. I jarred some up and gave them as gifts and also took some to the bluegrass jam. Of course I kept some for myself and actually going to whip out another batch later today. So so good....actually irresistible.

With the remainder of my last batch I made a little salad so filled with flavor it was incredible. Each component was a stand alone flavor but putting each one together for this salad was a mouthful of tastiness...and the eye appeal was just drop dead gorgeous. I don't know about you but after I make something that is just beautiful I can just look at it for so so long...just stand at the counter, bent over looking at the item and then every once in awhile take a deep breath as I get so close my nose almost touches it...it is an experience from the moment I decide to make something to the moment I put the first bite in...


So this is that little salad I made...spring mix greens, kalamata olives, crumbled Narragansett Creamery feta cheese, pickled red onions, a little salt and fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

So good and healthy too!

Elizabeth

No comments: