Thursday, September 6, 2012

Walker's Roadside Stand in Little Compton

I adore Walker's Roadside Stand in Little Compton.  If I am anywhere near that area I make a bee line to Walker's.  I can even find excuses to be near that area so I can get to Walker's.   The produce is fabulous.  It is fresh and top of the line.  The variety is like none other.  The staff is helpful and friendly.    
The cut flowers are not just run of the mill...the selection is not just the usual but also the unusual...each bouquet is unique and that makes it hard to decide which one to take home.  The selection of squashes, lettuces, eggplant, tomatoes, beans, fruits are all so wonderful.  I never leave disappointed.

261 West Main Road
Little Compton, RI


Today I chose two varieties leaf lettuce...once home I soak them the leaves in cold water,
give them a spin and I have lettuce for the week
This is the time of year to make sure you get Walker's...fresh lima beans.
They are a bit of work to take out of the thick pods but well worth it!
I picked all I needed to make succotash...shell beans, corn and potatoes.

Yellow summer squash and two varieties of patty pan squash.
All small and tender just right for a simple steam and
then right to the dinner plate with some butter, salt and pepper.

I am a happy girl when I get home from Walker's...actually even happier if I stop at Gray's in Tiverton...I can't get home without passing the ice cream shop...so why not stop?!
Elizabeth

No comments: