Monday, August 27, 2012

Ed's Whimsical Birthday Cake

Some time ago my sister Lisa planned a fantastic birthday party for her husband Ed.  It truly was a party   to remember.  The food was bountiful and delicious, the music she picked out and playlist she created was perfect, decorations were fun and everyone got their own cupcake and Ed got his own cake!  Lisa even had The Providence Dancing Cop for entertainment.  It was a perfect party in every way...she left no stone unturned.  Ed was surprised when he entered the room and the fun and laughs never stopped after that...it was a grand party in every way and Ed deserved every minute of celebration and recognition.

Lisa asked I make the cupcakes and Ed's birthday cake.  Hallelujah as I have been dying to make this cake for someone...actually decorate a cake like this for someone.  It is simple and easy but has such wonderful eye appeal.

I made a yellow cake and frosted it with a plain vanilla buttercream icing.  It is the decorations that put it over the top.  I simply covered the sides with both large and small sprinkles then topped the cake with English Allsorts candies....then finished it off with more sprinkles and edible silver stars.

There you have it a birthday cake that sings at the top of it's lungs "PARTY"!!!!!



It was a great party and I got to make a cake I have been itching to try.  Lucky me!!!!!

Elizabeth

No comments: